The Jagermonster outfits continue. There will be hats! I've got two of the three hats for the family finished now. Basic construction involved buckram and wire. I started with a hat for the munchkin first.
The basic framework, with wires to support the sided. I then padded it with batting. The munchkin picked out her own fabrics, and picked this tapestry sample as the lining:
Keeping this form in the back of my head for future reference, as it'd make a pretty cool crown.
Put the top on and it's starting to look a bit like a demented bishop's mitre:
And the finished piece:
Still looking for something to tack on to the center of the top, as it's a bit bare.
The hat concept I'd initially developed for my husband was something along the lines of a mad hatter tophat, but when I initially sewed the pattern pieces together for his hat, I really liked the boxy shape with the seams on the outside:
Again, hoarding remnants comes in handy. He picked a bronze and black brocade and a milk chocolate brown corduroy for his hat:
The buttons are antique brass military pieces that I found at a thrift store at Pike Place Market a couple of months ago.
One more hat and a jacket to go. Dere vill be jagers here, ya!