Friday, January 18, 2013

Stealth pink

For most of my adult life I've avoided pink with a passion.  I could deal with a bit of hot pink, remnants of my '80s days, true, and the greyish tones of the color Ashes of Roses appealed to my gothier sensibilities, because the name is just too damned cool, but pastel pink?  The horror!

I was adamant that there would be no pink when I found out I was having a girl.  This lasted until the girl was old enough to start voicing her own preferences, and suddenly there was pink in my house. And it keeps encroaching and now I've been making stuff that's so girlie it makes my head spin and my husband start poking around in the corners of the closets looking for pods.  And I will emphatically deny that any part of me enjoys making these frilly frothy confections one teensy tiny little bit.  Well, maybe a teensy weensy tiny bit.  Well, maybe more than a bit, when I start going through my shop looking at some of my creations in the last few months.

It all started out with one of these parasols:



And this set:



And then things like these started coming out of my fingers:





And now I've got and done these:


Saccharine Overdose - 2 parasols by *dbvictoria on deviantART



(the red one isn't listed yet - I was about 4 yards of red trim short to finish the edges of the ruffles)

So you see - the pink sickness is spreading.  Be careful, or it might start taking over your house too!



~

No comments: