Friday, June 18, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 288

Today, in celebration of Etsy's 5th birthday, a virtual craft party was declared. And I have a new refurbished umbrella to show for it! I worked on it while chatting in the virtual craft lab this afternoon. It's a little different from my previous pieces, as I was trying to create something for a gentleman's wardrobe this time:

Steampunk Brolly - Upcycled Black Silk Vintage Umbrella/Parasol



I also worked on another piece off and on all weekend, in between bouts of "OMG I feel totally miserable!", another custom piece for a local friend:


Cherries Jubilee Parasol by *dbvictoria on deviantART

I am now going to enjoy the rest of my Friday night - I am having a Coca-Cola, which means that I'll be up entirely too late tonight because I haven't had any caffeine since last Friday. But I wanted a treat after the week I've had.

1 comment:

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

they are both stunning...as usual! you are so talented!