I realized looking at the pictures from my previous post that I'd never talked about this year's big embroidery project here. We ended up not camping out for faire this year, as it was right after we got back from New Orleans and we'd had our fill of being overly warm for the summer, so we day-tripped it instead, and so I didn't get to use the banner I'd made for our campsite. Next year. But here it is - I based it on a drawing my daughter did in art class, a serpentine dragon. Oops! Just realized I need a picture of the drawing! But anyways, I traced it onto some cloth and then spent somewhere between 20-30 hours filling it in.
In progress shots:
I then finished the edges with some ribbon:
And then backed it on blue satin:
Husband has promised me a fancy painted stick on which it will hang, which will hopefully happen before next year's faire, because we will camp out next year so I can show this off, dagnammit!