Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Enchantment!

Time for another installment in the ArtBeads Beaders who Blog program! ****

This time, the theme was Winter Enchantment, and the challenge was to design something that represented what I find beautiful or inspirational about the winter season. Well, truth be told, I'm not really a winter person. Growing up in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin, I had more than enough of snow and ice to last me a lifetime. But I do like the crystalline beauty of ice on tree branches, and the look of a newly-fallen snow, as long as I'm inside, looking at it out through a picture window, while bundled up in a warm fuzzy blanket and drinking a steaming mug of cocoa! So, truthfully, winter-inspired jewelry, that you don't have to freeze to enjoy? That's right up my alley!

This time around, I picked some bicone crystals and pearls from their vast selection of Swarovski beads, and three sterling silver charms, snowflake shaped. The end result was a five-strand bracelet:

ice and snow bracelet 2

ice and snow bracelet 1

ice and snow bracelet 3

ice and snow bracelet 5

These pictures don't capture the true sparkle of these crystal beads, but they are remarkable! They really do look like sun shining through ice-coated branches.

****This post is a part of the ArtBeads Beaders who Blog program. They provide the beads to us free of charge, and we provide an honest review of their products. We are not paid to review or endorse them.



~

No comments: