Friday, February 15, 2013

And now I'm embellishing the accessories

I'm finally done with the outfit I've been posting about the last few weeks.  Well, almost done.  99% done.  I still have to sew a clip and a couple of hooks on to the scarf, but everything else is done!  (For me)

I had an assortment of old jewelry, bracelet, anklet, and necklace, that I took apart so I could use the bits as decoration.

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit bits and bobs

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit bits and bobs

I started out with these cuffs:

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit cuffs

And added ivory coin pearls and cobalt blue freshwater pearls in between the bells:

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit cuffs close-up

The cuffs are now closed with laced silver elastic cord, so I don't have to worry about trailing ribbons getting caught on partners' buttons when dancing.

I have a limited number of the coin pearls, so for the cincher I stuck to just the blue pearls:

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit cincher details

Blue and Silver Steampunk outfit cincher details

I also made a pair of earrings, and then put some of the bells back on the bracelet along with more pearls to make a headpiece, and put together a pair of earrings to match:

Blue and Silver Steampunk Outfit - headpiece and earrings

I'm trying to decide whether I want to do the same embellishment along the top of of the gaiters like I've done on the top of the cincher.  Time will tell.


~

No comments: