Monday, January 4, 2010

A Year in the Making, Day 125

I had grandiose plans for my first day back after my holiday break, but I was waylaid. I can't find my spool of chain! It was on the dining room table, in a ziplock bag to keep it from tarnishing. Looked everywhere and I can't find it. I know it's here somewhere, just got moved with all the holiday fun, but it's winning its game of hide-and-seek.

So instead I pulled out my trove of vintage bits and bobs and chain and came up with a couple completely different things. I had the remains of a vintage necklace, with some lovely filigree accents, and some vintage or antique translucent glass disc beads. The brass met up with some strawberry glass, and I had just enough of a piece of chain to turn the glass into a choker necklace.

We're past the winter equinox, so the days are reputedly getting longer, but I still lose the light at an obscenely early hour, so listing will again wait till I can get better shots:

Vintage Brass and Strawberry Glass

glass-necklace-2

So tomorrow? Housecleaning! The chain will not be allowed to hide!

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

It will come to you eventually, Victoria, where you hid your chain. LOL of course, you will be looking for something else then. Lovely work.