Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 219

Look! A new necklace! The first wrapped piece I've made since the arm went wonky! Can I get a woot-woot?

I was at my chiropractor's this morning, and she was admiring a piece I'd made for myself a few years ago, of green garnet. She was admiring it greatly, and I had to tell her this one was MINE! But I do have some more of the larger beads I used as a focal piece, so I made a similar one today that I could put into the shop so I don't have to worry that I'll get mugged for the piece I kept for myself. And besides, it's springtime, so a new green piece is just perfect.

Green (Tsavorite) Garnet Y Necklace



And as I get more pictures pulled off the camera I found this one, a shot I took of one of the legs of the pseudo-jodhpurs I made for my dieselpunk aviator outfit for Norwescon:

Fake Jodhpurs

Very wide legged pants. Well, very wide pants period - they were a size 42 waist. I took a large tuck at either hip, then added interfacing and put in grommets with tea-dyed elastic at the legs. Completely unnecessary, as I immediately stuffed my legs into knee high boots, but I wanted them. Dangit. More grommets! Always more grommets.