Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First of 3 photo posts

Look at me - what a bad blogger!  Almost 2 months since my last post.

I've been doing things.  I've even been making things.  I've just not been blogging about them.  So let's fix that.  I'll catch up over the next few days, or next week or two, with what I've been up to.

Starting out, it's been a tradition for me for the last few years to take a week's vacation in June and just be lazy and spend quality time with myself.  I've been in a bit of a blah mood lately, partly because business has been slow and that's always depressing, partly because we had a bit of a grey moody spring and I wasn't as good as taking my supplements as I should be.  It's amazing what going without a Vitamin D capsule for a few days does to my headspace, living in the semi-perpetually-overcast Pacific Northwest.

So I didn't do that much on my week off this time around, but I did take the camera out for a few strolls.  Here's some images from my first expedition, to the Calvary Cemetary.  We used to live not too far from here before we bought our house, and it remains one of my favorites in the area.  Some of the earliest graves are from the 1800s.  There's even a few that are so weather worn that there isn't any information left on the stones.

My two favorite images from this visit:


Cemetary flowers by *dbvictoria on deviantART


Cemetary Rose by *dbvictoria on deviantART

A, d the full set of shots are here.

I did irritate a couple of crows.  It wasn't from getting too close to a nest, I don't think, as they started following me when I was nowhere any trees, but they kept me company for a good 20 minutes, and kept track of my movements for the rest of the time I was wandering around:

calvary-26

Next up will be some zoo pictures.



...

No comments: