Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Year in the Making, Day 157

Slightly distracted while making this post because I am watching the Superbowl.

This is a monumental occurrence, almost as earth-shattering, looming apocalypse portending, as the Saints being in the Superbowl.

I pride myself on my indifference to any and all sport-like activities. But it's the Saints. In the Superbowl. I'm trying to not be too hopeful. I really don't think they'll win. That would definitely be a sign of the end of the world.

I avoided the urge to make something black and gold in celebration.

Firstly, a simple piece:

Opalite and Peacock Blue Freshwater Pearls Necklace



The pendant is rescued from an old necklace that I'd recycled almost all of the original parts originally into new pieces. And I'd had just those three peacock pearls left. Both have been sitting in different boxes for months. Funny how these things suddenly come together!

The other piece, the big one I've been working on since Friday, is a new multi-strand Steampunk piece:

OOAK Steampunk Freshwater Pearl Multi Strand Necklace



We'll be breaking out the nachos in earnest shortly. Extra sharp cheddar, jalapenos, sour cream, and homemade salsa. Yum!

No comments: