Monday, July 12, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 316

It rained again today. But you know, I'm alright with that. Because rain and cool weather is much preferable to breaking 90 degrees Fahrenheit. I wasn't a big fan of the heat when I lived in New Orleans, and I was there 9 years so it's not like I didn't have a chance to get used to it. And now, after 12 years (almost exactly) in the great and temperate Pacific Northwest, I'm even less disinclined to react favorably to excesses in temperature.

And the rain does bring lovely green growing things, doesn't it? It definitely put me in a green sort of mood today. Whether that green is a result of verdant growth or mold, I'll let you decide.

Celadon and Mint Green Glass Dangle Bracelet



With the long summer days, I actually had time to go out and socialize (I made this while chatting with friends this evening at a local coffeehouse), and still have enough lovely diffuse light in which to photograph this when I got home!

No comments: