Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More purple!

Tonight, I finished the ruffle, sewing a deep purple grosgrain ribbon across the top for stability, and trimming the excess.

3 purple trims

I now have a heightened sympathy for purple-o-philes, after my attempts to find purple trim. I found some Venice lace, but I already had made the ruffle for finishing the edges, and there was no trim that would serve as-is. It needs to be straight edged, or with a repeating pattern on each side, and there was nothing to be found. So I ended up buying twice as much of a scalloped lavender sequined trim, splicing it together and running some more of the purple grosgrain along the top center:

making purple trim

I've started actually working on the parasol now, finally! And if I do say so myself, it looks fabulous. It's amazing how, when I go outside my comfort zone, I seem to outdo myself.

On an amusing side note, apparently on Sunday my listing for a gold satin lined pouch was picked up and retweeted by a bot for a twitter account that is devoted to fluctuations in the gold market.

The trouble with twitters

Silly bot!

No comments: