Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On to the next project!

So what does a body do when they finish up a year-long blogging project? Why start up another one, of course!

I've been costuming for over 20 years, and up until about 7-8 years ago, it was all with thrift store finds that I hand altered. But then a friend of mine gave me my first sewing lessons, and a monster was born. I bought a machine and started making my outfits from scratch.


The Ivory Maiden Gown by *dbvictoria on deviantART

me

So I decided my next project will be 12 costumes in 12 months.

First priority will be outfits for this year's Steamcon, followed by Norwescon, and I WILL enter the masquerade this year. (Plus, Patricia McKillip is the author guest of honor! Squeeeee! Which books to get autographed....?) And then to wind up the year, maybe a new outfit or two for the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire. I may even break down and attempt something Elizabethan, although I've never liked the period. But you learn a lot working outside your comfort zone, and it would be a challenge for me.

5 comments:

TukwilaKat said...

Love it! I'm looking forward to seeing your costumes!

cooljewelrydesign said...

You are not only an inspiration but a true Renaissance woman...my God, Magnum...where DO you get your energy??

xxoo pam

Beadsme said...

You are brave. 12 in 12 months, wow.

Designs by Victoria said...

No energy tonight, CJ. I am a lump on the sofa.

Made By Tammy said...

Wowza! You go girl!
My year-long project will be to peek in and see what you make. Can't wait...