Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 198

Well, day 193-198 - this is what I've been working on all week, another installment in Artbeads' Beaders who Blog program:


Swarvoski Spring Waterfall by *dbvictoria on deviantART

The theme this time was "The Beauty of Spring", and I decided to try to recreate the look of a field of wildflowers. Sparkly wildflowers. Make another necklace with Swarovski crystal beads? Twist my arm!

The style is the same as I used in my Manna from Heaven necklace.



Their shipments always come so nicely packaged!

Artbeads Shipment

I used 3mm peridot bicones and fuchsia flowers in this set:

Fun with Swarovskis

And here's some more close-up images of the finished product:







There will be a second installment to this post, as I have a dragonfly pendant from their Sterling Silver Components section that has flown away and is looking for more flowers someplace in my living room or dining room!

And now off to rest my arm. It seems I did something horrendous and violent in my sleep, as when I went to bed things were fine but this morning my left arm is very unhappy. I can't extend it all the way without painful twinges, and it's letting me know that it very much does not like picking anything up or typing. Luckily I am a master of one-hand typing, thanks to the cat. And I'm grateful that if one arm has to go out, at least it's my left arm.


***Disclaimer: I have received the products showcased in this post free of charge from ArtBeads, and I am honestly reviewing the products and have not been paid for my endorsement of the products received.

5 comments:

Cassandra Watsham said...

Oh my gosh, Victoria! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the colours together ... and believe it or not, I picked very similar colours for my own Artbeads pieces! I'll be posting those sometime this weekend.

Oh, oh, oh! Very good job! Stunning!

Cassandra Watsham said...

Oh dear, and I hope your arm feels better! :)

Designs by Victoria said...

Thank you! Hubby thinks I may have hyperextended my elbow. Probably be going to the doc tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous necklace! Love it!

Cassandra Watsham said...

Yaaaah! Owwwwch! I did that once to my knee. That is NOT fun. Good luck to you with the doctor's office tomorrow.

I gave you an honourable mention in my Artbeads blog! Come check it out! http://designbycassandra.blogspot.com