Sunday, August 22, 2010

A year in the making, day 355

What a wonderful weekend! Yesterday was the husband's birthday (mine is next Wednesday), and another friend of ours has her birthday on the 24th. She decided she wanted to celebrate her birthday by helping clear invasive species from one of our local parks, so we spent 4 hours yesterday hacking down and ripping out blackberries. Rough work, and I found out how woefully out of shape I was! But we cleared about 1000 square feet of blackberry brambles, and also policed an area that had been previously cleared looking for new growth and rooting it out.

And today we went to a 6-year-old birthday party, for a daughter of friends of ours. There was a ninja pinata!

Ninja pinata

He was soundly beaten and looted:

Bob's head

Flying limbs

The birthday girl's current favorite color is red, so I made her a cloak out of red corduroy:

Red cape

What birthday party would be complete without doggie kisses?


Good dog by *dbvictoria on deviantART

The weather stayed beautiful, despite some threatening-looking clouds.


Cumulous Clouds by *dbvictoria on deviantART

And now I am faced with a decision - do we have sandwiches with the leftover pork steaks from last night, or with the grilled chicken from the night before? Hmmmmm. My belly is a'rumbling, so I'll have to make my mind up soon.

No comments: