Thursday, September 10, 2009

30 Days Hath September, Day 10

A few weeks ago, a gentleman of my acquaintance informed me that I am neglecting his gender, and that I needed to add a few masculine pieces to my collection. I've been keeping this in mind, and playing with concepts in my head, but nothing came of it until this past weekend. One of our regular Sunday routines is a trip out to one of the beaches in our area, where the munchkin spends hours happily chasing seagulls and pigeons, playing in the sand, and collecting rocks. If we'd let her, she'd bring home half the beach in water-rounded pebbles every week, so we have a tradition. She can collect as many as she likes while we're walking and playing, and before we leave, she lines them all up and we have a rock-judging contest. The two rocks that are judged the best, she can bring home. The rest, she tosses back in the water before we head back to the car.

This week, in her collection, were two beach pebbles that begged to become pendants. One is a matte white, probably a siltstone or a very fine calcite, and the other is a calcite with inclusions. Here are pictures of the almost-completed pieces:







I don't have them listed in my Artfire shop yet, as I need to acquire some cord on which to string them, but they should be up hopefully tomorrow or the next.

5 comments:

Tiffany Westlund said...

Love your wire wrapping! Especially like the white one - might be because I have a white rock collection

capitalcitycrafts said...

very cool! love the wire work!

Made By Tammy said...

Very Cool! Love it!

O V Gillies said...

Great pendants! Love that you can see the stone well in these.

Metalicious said...

Wow, these are so cool!