Sunday, September 20, 2009

30 Days Hath September, Day 20

Today, I woke up at the unholy hour of 6:30am, but that's okay, because I got today's creation completed before our friends arrived and we all piled in the van to make a trip down to the Puyallup fair.

Remember that aquamarine I mentioned yesterday? Well, here it is with sterling silver wire and a part from an antique pocketwatch:



We visited some animals, went through the extremely disappointing "Craft Hall" (now billed as "Crafts and more" because it's mainly mass-produced junk and "As Seen on TV" gimmicky goods), rode some rides, ate some food, visited more animals, ate more food, and ended the day in the hobby hall (which is always my favorite part of the day. Well, except for the baby animals).

The first ride of the fair is always the giant slide:



Then the munchkin opted for the swings:





She passed up the baby roller coaster, even with the cool dragon cars, in favor of the whirlygig, and we could hear her delighted shrieks for the whole ride:



Convincing her to sit down was a challenge, but we managed a few rest breaks here and there:



And yes, I am wearing the necklace I just made. I like this one a lot, and decided I might as well show it off a bit.

The baby animals were next. This pygmy goat fell asleep standing on the wooden spool in the middle of her pen:



And one of my shots from the hobby hall, one of a collection of antique cannons. Shiny!



Monday manic Monday tomorrow. Ready for a new week?

3 comments:

Tiffany Westlund said...

Love the color of your new piece. You guys picked a beautiful day to go to the fair. I've never been - and I've lived in the NW most of my life.

Made By Tammy said...

Looks like a Great day at the fair! Love the photo of you and your daughter.

The Tote Trove said...

Love the use of the pocketwatch in this piece. And I can't resist wearing some of my pieces too. Isn't it fun?