Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 Days Hath September, Day 30

Wow - is it really already the end of the month? I can't believe it - tempus fugit, indeed! I was worried about not making it when I started, and now I'm not willing to let it end. So I am going to continue on, as I'd mentioned before, with the attempt to make 365 pieces in 365 days. From September 1st, 2009 to August 31st 2010. There'll be a few days here and there that I won't make a post in the year to come, because from time to time I may do something like, oh, I don't know, go on vacation (hopefully!), or be selling at an event.

Here's today's piece, to round out the month. The majority of the work was actually done last night. I made myself put it down and go to bed at about 1am, even though I was so close to finishing, but completed the work on the point this afternoon. So here's my newest Steampunk parasol, one of four modern brown pagoda umbrellas I got my happy little fingers on early this year. (Which means there's still three of these to go - it's going to be fun how they turn out, as I've never had a stock of the same base to work from before!)



And speaking of events, I've got two lined up for October. The first is the inaugural weekend for Penumbra Faire:



Then two weeks later, SteamCon!



I'm still holding my breath on two juried events in November and December, so cross your fingers for me! And my Etsy and ArtFire shops are always open for business.

Also, with October 31st being the 10th anniversary of my very first day as a business, look for something big to happen here at the end of the month.

5 comments:

Tiffany Westlund said...

congrats on making the 30 days and I look forward to your upcoming year of hyper creativity

GrandmaMarilyn said...

cool parasol and congrats on the shows.

TheBrassHussy said...

Love the new parasol! I bet you would be great at making some boudoir lamp shades too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful parasol!
Woo Hoo for making it an entire month!

SendingLoveGallery said...

Congratulations on your 30 Days Series!...and fabulous new parasol!