Friday, September 18, 2009

30 Days Hath September, Day 18

TGIF! I am indulging in a glass of Charles Shaw Chardonnay (how can you beat $2.99 a bottle?), and listening to Faith and the Muse. If that isn't a good start to a weekend, I don't know what is.

Today's creation began with a faceted piece of crackled black onyx I picked up some time ago. Those of you who have been reading this month may be noticing this is a fairly regular theme with me. I find things, think "Oh, I can do something with that!," buy them, stick them in a beadbox and then finally get around to making something with them weeks, months, and sometimes even years later. I am trying to avoid buying new things at the moment until I work through some of my prodigious stash. Trying. Trying, really!

Of course, tomorrow I will be going to the bead store to pick up the supplies for a commission I just received. I will try to be good and only pick up the garnets I need for the commission. I will try. Really. My toolkit, a 16-gallon tote in which I keep my bead boxes, is currently too heavy for me to lift easily by myself without risk of injury, so if I do decide to push for the 365 items in 365 days goal I mentioned yesterday, I will be trying to do so as much as possible from components I already own.

But anyways, this hoarded black onyx pendant has been combined with filigree accents and some more vintage chain, and has earrings to match. I was good and listed it, even though I am sorely tempted to keep it for myself. Someone buy it quick and remove the temptation to sneak it into my jewelry box! (only half kidding there)

4 comments:

Made By Tammy said...

Beautiful Set!

Beadsme said...

Wow this is stunning. I love it.

Erika Price said...

Gorgeous set, Vic!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Love the classic look of it...and black will go with anything.