Reposted from the Seattle Steamrats mailing list:
It is just been announced that MOHAI’s magnificent restoration of the Naval Reserve Armory and its transformation into an amazing regional history center has been selected by American Express and the National Trust for Historic Preservation to be a finalist for a major preservation grant.
In addition to competing on the quality of the project, American Express will be looking at on-line voting, which just opened this morning. So to express your support of the Armory project, please click on the link below and vote for the Armory every day (that’s right—you can vote every day!) —and spread the word with all your friends and family. Get out the vote now, forward this email, and make MOHAI a winner!! Thank you!
Voting is simple:
1. Go to this page: http://www.preservationnation.org/partners-in-preservation/seattle/vote.html
2. Click “sign up” (in the blue square on the left)
3. Fill out the form and click “submit”
4. It will return you to the voting page.
5. Click “Naval Reserve Armory – MOHAI” (fourth row on the left) You’ll see a check mark next to the picture.
6. Scroll to the bottom and Click “Vote”
7. Return tomorrow (and every day until May 12) and vote again! (you won’t have to register tomorrow, of course)
And, please, spread the word!