Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 253

Day one of busy weekend. Today, I rousted the family out of bed (husband) and away from the Saturday morning cartoons (munchkin), and we headed up to Seattle for the University Street Fair. After we had our respective toasty beverages, a double short latte for the husband, a chai for myself, and a hot chocolate for mini-me, we wandered up and down University Avenue to see the sights. We got there as it was just getting started, and not everyone was completely set up yet, but we also avoided the crowds and got a parking space just two blocks over, so it was a good trade-off.

There are a few pictures posted to my flickr photo album here, but the favorites went to my deviantart account.

My favorites we didn't actually see at the fair itself, but on the side road where we were parked. There was a wonderful flowering bushy plant:


Red Bush in Bloom 1 by *dbvictoria on deviantART

And there was an old beat up fire hydrant:


Hydrant by *dbvictoria on deviantART

At the fair, there was a booth filled with more of the metal flowers made from recycled metal signs and cars:


Metal flowers by *dbvictoria on deviantART

Unfortunately, he couldn't find his business cards, and I can't match him up with any of the vendors listed on the fair's site.

We had to check out the vendors at the farmers' market, and I finally got a shot of the water tanks that catch the rainwater off the top of the University Heights center:


Rain Tanks by *dbvictoria on deviantART

I also happened to snag a shot of Gasworks park on the way home:


Gasworks from I-5 by *dbvictoria on deviantART

And now we're home, and the husband has mowed the back yard, and we have some wild-caught fresh ahi tuna steaks for the grill, and I also managed to make a new necklace and a batch of blackberry jam:

Hammered Brass and Jade Necklace on Sterling Silver Wire and Chain



blackberry jam

2 comments:

capitalcitycrafts said...

looks like a fabulous day! I'm ready for some of that jam!

SendingLoveGallery said...

both fun AND productive! send me some of your special batteries!