Thursday, May 6, 2010

More on Displays

It used to be that I didn't have much stock in earrings, and if people wanted them I custom made them on the spot, but that's changed over the last couple of years. Now I have a huge stock, except I don't really sell them that much at events. I realized that might be because my display pieces don't really allow me to price them, and it's more likely that people will just pass them buy if they have to ask for a price.

When I was cleaning up a bit in the basement last night, I found the remnants of the box of parchment paper on which I'd printed my college graduation announcements (in 1996. Go packrat me!) So this evening, I cut up the remaining sheets into 2" by 4" strips, and used them to card my earrings.

Earring cards

I used a black finepoint sharpie to write my business name on the cards, and penciled in the price so I can reuse them.

The carded earrings

We'll see if it improves my earring sales this weekend, when I'll be vending here:

Steampunk University Flyer Steampunk Film Festival Flyer

I'll be vending and presenting a panel on Steampunk Thriftstore Costuming on Saturday at Steampunk University, and afterwards there'll be the Steampunk Film Festival, featuring 2 old classic steamy movies, plus shorts from the League of Steam, and adult beverages will be served!

I'll be donating 10% of my sales from Saturday to the MOHAI clock restoration.

9 comments:

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

awesome girl~ great idea and it looks good to!

way to be "green" and recycle :)

KayzKreationz said...

Great idea. And I have some left over paper, too. (Yay for packrats!) :) Was wondering what to do with the few earring sets I have. This is great. Thanks.

http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

capitalcitycrafts said...

Just super Victoria! Have a great show!

Michele said...

Looking good, I hope you do well!!!

Cher said...

Lookin good, way to organize, Vic!
I'll bet you'll move more earrs this way too, they're usually a pretty good seller ;) Good Luck with your show!

SendingLoveGallery said...

great idea! LOL at finding the parchment from 1996 (I can relate)..good luck with your show : )

Beadsme said...

Hope it works. Good luck.

Made By Tammy said...

Wowza! You have been busy.
Good Luck!

Silver Canyons said...

those are really great! And I love that the paper is long enough to secure the earrings in place, when tucked in the baggie...very cool!

Have fun at your show :)