Monday, May 10, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 248

It's Monday! A fresh start to the new week. Been in a bit of a slump, but inspiration struck last night. I think it was all the beautiful sights over the weekend at Steampunk University, seeing everyone all dressed up and hanging with my vendor buddies. The steampunk community is very close-knit, and chock full of wonderful and amazing folks.

I was also well-fueled last night. The husband made me a most excellent dinner to top off the day:

My Mother's Day dinner

That's a kabob of barbecue shrimp, with green beans simmered to perfection in white wine, butter, and garlic, and little crab cakes, served with a glass of dry semi-sweet mead.

After that I started playing around, laying out bits, and started what became this today:

OOAK Steampunk Blue and Silver Multistrand Choker



Now I just have to keep the creative juices flowing. I'm in month 9 of the year challenge now. It's amazing how fast it's gone by. Of course, I'm going to have to be a bit more proactive about getting out and selling all this stuff I've been making this last year.

Plan for this week is to make up a batch of calzones to freeze at some point. But that was also the plan for last week, so we'll see. The bread machine is sitting on the kitchen counter, mocking me.

No comments: