Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 250

I just popped a chicken in the oven, stuffed silly with garlic cloves, then massaged lovingly with a lemon-garlic-pepper rub. In about 20-30 minutes, the house will begin to smell heavenly. Garlic is practically an aphrodisiac in our household. The timing will be a bit hit-or-miss, as there wasn't a weight tag on the bird, so I am guessing it to be about 6 pounds.

We have all the doors and windows open again, even though it's still a bit cool, because the fresh air is just heavenly. I'm not an outdoor kind of girl, but I'm a fresh air junkie. A bit of a contradiction there, but I'm a complicated girl.

Today I've got a remake of an earlier piece - I'd done a grape cluster necklace in brass some time ago, and today decided I needed a silver version of it. I've been on a grape kick, snackwise, lately, so it's only appropriate. And there are some lovely muscat grapes in the stores right now. I don't have any stones that match their green and red blushing beauty, so amethysts it is instead.

Purple Grapes Cluster Necklace with Leaf Toggle Clasp and Amethysts



And another from the vault, one of those pieces I made at night and then took daylight pictures of a few days later, but never got around to listing:

Bronze Dragon & Green Freshwater Pearl Necklace on Vintage Brass Chain



I lied, by the way. In the time it's taken me to write this post, the house has already begun to smell heavenly. Less than 10 minutes. Mmmmmmmmm.

No comments: