Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Year in the Making, day 249

Today has been a wonderful day! It started off a bit hectic, as I had to leave earlier than usual for work and needed gas. I found out on my way out that the postal carrier had been unusually late delivering the mail yesterday (after 6pm!) and that I had a package from my mother in the box. I grabbed it and stuffed it in my bag, then hit the road. Stopped for gas, checked my lottery ticket from the weekend, and found out I won $30! Wow! There'll be a nice lunch in store for me later this week.

In between the different places I had to be for work, I got stuck waiting at a train track, and so I pulled out the package from mom, opened it, and was completely amazed and flabbergasted to find in it the necklace I'd mentioned in this blog post a few weeks ago, by my fellow Jewelry on Etsy teammate Shazzabeth. She included a tag, saying it was a "just because" present. The best kind! So wonderful, and thoughtful of her.



It's even more beautiful in person than I could have imagined. I actually cried when I opened up the box, and left my mother a rather incoherent thank you message on her machine, I'm sure. And I'm plotting finding a multitude of excuses to wear it now. It may need a gown made especial, to showcase its glory.

The day is absolutely gorgeous, to top it all off. Perfect springtime weather, Mother Nature making up for a chilly rainy Monday. We have all the windows open, and I'm watching the rose bush in the front yard sway through the picture window. And for lunch today, we had a bit of crab left over from our Sunday omelets, so I made sandwiches with it on french bread with smoked gouda. Mmmmmm ... tasty goodness!

In honor of springtime, which is also the start of bug season, today's necklace is perfect to help keep the little pests out of your home and garden:

Spider Necklace Swarovski Pearls on Sterling Silver with Pewter Charms

3 comments:

capitalcitycrafts said...

How lucky you are! and your bug necklace is fabulous!

Michele said...

What a nice surprise, it's lovely!!!

KayzKreationz said...

What a gorgeous necklace. And yes the "just because" gifts are the best and so unexpected. They remind us how much we mean to each other.