Today, I finished off a jacket to match a skirt I made almost three years ago. I found this amazing fabric at a Goodwill, about 10 yards of an olive green and embroidered brown striped pattern. The skirt I made from a historical pattern, from around ~1910. It's a walking skirt with 9 gores. I had to size it up, as the pattern was for an 18" waist. Even when I was a skinny minnie I didn't corset down to that! Here's the skirt, along with a vintage blouse I tea-dyed from the original stained white, and a thrift store hat for which I made the hat band and flowers from fabric scraps:
The outfit has needed a jacket since I made it, but I didn't want to cover up the lower sleeves with their wonderful lace. I'd had acquired Butterick B5232 months ago because variation D had the right lines with 3/4 length sleeves. So last night I finally pulled it out and began assembly. It went together surprisingly easily, but I did pick the simplest variation, D, with only five pattern pieces. I'm still not 100% satisfied, as there's a bit of a wrinkle along the right back hem. The lining and I have been exchanging 4-letter words all evening because of it, but it's not as bad as it was three lining adjustments ago and I decided it was time to call it a night.
I wanted to take a picture of the whole outfit together, but the shirt and skirt are in the closet in the munchkin's bedroom, which I remembered AFTER I tucked her in, of course!
The last piece of the outfit will be an underbust corset, which I will begin my attempt on tomorrow. Wish me luck!