Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Year in the Making, Day 50

Late post, but today's the first day of a conference for the day job. We all are based out of our homes and don't get to see each other too often, especially all in one place, so when we do all get together there's lots of socialization that occurs, usually over a glass of something frosty.

To keep up with the tradition I started from my last "on the road" post, here's the view from my hotel balcony:







I thought one of my coworkers of my coworkers was pulling my leg when we were coming back to the hotel from dinner. He was saying that he could go have a drink in the bar with the rest of us, but he could also go to his room and spend the rest of the night in his room playing with his beads. I'd been discussing my jewelry making a bit, and was actually thinking of doing exactly that and thought he was giving me a hard time for contemplating skipping out on the rest of the socialization part of the evening, but it turns out he was dead serious - he makes wine glass charms! Joke's on me.

Here's the three pairs of earrings I did manage to complete today between the conference and the pizza and the wine and the conversation:



Top left pair - pineapple glass
Top right pair - goldstone
Bottom pair - citrine

All with brass findings, and the top two with antique watch gears

1 comment:

The Tote Trove said...

Lovely photographs! That was a funny story about your colleague, the wine charm maker. Sometimes you feel like you're the only person you know skipping out on "normal" stuff to craft. And then you find a kindred spirit!