Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Year in the Making, Day 75

I had four of these brown pagoda parasols. The other three all sold within a week or two of completion, and I've been telling myself I needed to do the last one for weeks now. Well, last night, I had the added impetus that if I finished it, I could bring it along to the Steampunk Zoo Safari excursion today. Stayed up till 2am working on it, was back up at 7:30 finishing it off. I got it done in time, but not before it started raining again, so we're stuck with indoor pictures again.

Brown Steampunk OOAK Parasol with gold/brown/ivory trim & lace

Brown Steampunk OOAK Parasol with gold/brown/ivory trim & lace

Brown Steampunk OOAK Parasol with gold/brown/ivory trim & lace

The shots of the group on the excursion will be available later, as the zoo has to review and approve which pictures will be released. Here's a couple of incidentals shot today in between our turns to be photographed:

Jaguar dinner time

This magnificent cat was lounging on his heated rock right at the front of fhe display. I was getting out my camera when the dinner bell rang and off he went. Managed to get one not completely horrible shot of him before he disappeared.

Green snake

Our zoo liaison told me this was the first time in her three years working at the zoo that she'd seen one of these snakes move. Score!

Green snake

Extra special bonus - both snakes in the exhibit had just shed.

No comments: